Thursday, 27 November 2014

Alive,not living.- A poem.

Sometimes I feel like a wallflower,hiding amidst the crowd.I don't really mind it at times.You see I have peace and quiet in the comfort that I have found. I won't ask to be acknowledged but if you do then, "Hello". I'm somewhere in the silence, a place I've always known.

It's a dangerous world out there,
And I'm standing on the outside ,
Alive but not yet there.
I'm somewhere in the busy streets,
And cramped bus stations,
Barely breathing air.
Wondering if passers by will just smile,
Or go on walking by.
Their faces down,
Wearing frowns,
Just going round and round.

You see,
I don't want to be that person standing in the midsts,
Watching time go by,
Through the glass upon my wrist.
I want to make the world stop spinning,
And change the world.
For once start living.
Stop this meager existence and begin benefiting.
But the problem is...
I'm alive, not living.

I hope you liked my poem,
Thanks for reading.

6 comments:

  1. Hi nice post

    www.shinenelevate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I just checked out your blog. I love your drawings, you're really good.

      Delete
  2. Whoa! Did you write that! It is simply a-maz-ing!

    - Lexie | What Lexie Loves | whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Thank you. It was a spur of the moment poem. I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete