Pages

Monday, 24 November 2014

Learning a valuable lesson.

You know that feeling when you wake up late for school? I do. My school starts at 8:30 and I've worked out that it takes about thirty-five  minutes to get to school(45 if I go to the shops). I usually take an hour to get dressed add or take a few minutes of procrastination. I wake up at 6:40 to get ready for school. So if I work out the maths I usually arrive at school at 8:15. Today I woke up at 7:20. I was horrified when I woke up but luckily I managed to get a lift. I even arrived 30 minutes before school started.But that's not the important part of this post. So why have I gone on about it for a whole paragraph? I don't know, it seemed like a good beginning.

I want to talk about giving and kindness. Today in form we had an assembly and usually I find assemblies boring and packed full of information but this one was different. It talked about being good people and giving back. I felt this was perfect since Christmas was coming up. It clicked that I take a lot of things for granted and that receiving isn't as good as giving. When you give, your not just giving a physical thing. your giving them hope or kindness or love. Your giving them a sign that you care and I think that's the most important gift there is. It doesn't matter what you get, it's what you give that's important because what you give has the ability to shape someones day. I'm not talking about money or clothes or gifts. I'm talking about the simplest of things. A hello in the morning, holding the door open for someone, even complementing someone.They all matter and I loved that the assembly had so much more depth than I thought it would have.
 So what's the best gift you have ever given and how did you feel when you gave it?



No comments:

Post a Comment