Sunday, 25 January 2015

A message to mini me


A post in which I address my younger self.
Warning, it may be rather long.


Dear mini me, it's older you. The slightly taller,( although everyone thinks I'm the size of a smurf) totally insane version of you. You're now 13, really socially awkward and a terrible drawer. But on the bright side you're now able to color inside the lines...almost. You're now good at maths, and that's saying something for a girl who could never write then number 3 the right way round till you were 4.

You still manage to embarrass yourself on a daily basis at school, but it's ok because if you pretend that you're doing your school tie for about five minutes people just look away. You still don't know how to act around people and you can't stand spaces with huge crowds. You really like poetry and day dreaming. Maybe too much, some even find it rather creepy that you can stare at something for ages without blinking. You have amazing friends but your incapable of saying anything without laughing awkwardly afterwards.

You'd have probably gone insane if you hadn't started blogging and found a place to express your creativity. You're always making songs and some people find it annoying. Your sense of humor is still really weird but your friends laugh at our jokes anyway. You're amazing even though you deny it all the time. Oh, and you never really did learn how to accept compliments, you're still really awkward when it comes to that. And you're also now totally obsessed with the internet.  You have a mild obsession with Grant Gustin a.k.a the cutest guy alive. hahaha( You don't get the pun do you?) another example of your horrible humor.You never were never really able to work on that were you?

But mini me I'm hoping that you smile because you've accomplishes so many things, you've become someone that I am proud of.You have done things that you had told yourself you'd never do and you're still trying, still going strong. Still attempting to find yourself and succeed in life.

There's a few things I wish you would have done. I wish you would have spoken up for yourself more. I wish you would have stop trying to be like an adult and just let yourself be a child. I wish you would have talked to people instead of blocking them out in fear of being judged. I wish you would have known that your opinions are valued. And  I really wish you would have taken opportunities presented to you. But those are things I'm working on now, so don't you worry.

So mini me, I hope that you know life is good and that you will become what you had always wanted. A fashion designer, a journalist, a dancer, a singer, an actor, a poet, a writer, an inventor, a scientist. A good person. Remember all those times you would come to school choosing a different career, know that you can do all of these because the world is an unlimited orb of opportunities and with hard work your guaranteed success.

Yours sincerely Stella. That star up in the sky. ( A shooting star reference)

P.S. Unicorns do exist, I saw one last Tuesday.

I hope you enjoy this post and I'd love it if you wanted to do a message to mini me as well.Link it down below so I can read it if you do.

16 comments:

  1. I've read a lot of blogs who write letters to their older selves but this might be the first where it's written to younger self..it was funny..your sense of humour doesn't seem weird to me and trust me if there's one thing I'm good at it's sensing good sense of humour :P
    Cutest guy alive I see what you did there :P although I don't think he's cute (Well cause neither of us is gay :P) but I do think he's kind of cool..he makes one amazing Flash (A moment of fanboying about flash :D)
    writing 3 the other way lol we've all been there..I even wrote 9 the other way around sometimes I remember but that's so so long ago..you seem like a cool kid to me..at 13 I wasn't remotely as cool as you seem because of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. *brushes non existent dust of shoulder* It's nice to see that someone relates. Your comment legitimately made my day.

      Delete
  2. Did you really see a unicorn? This was an awesome post amd I'm becoming a huge fan of your blog. I actually wrote a,letter to mini me http://faithlinyonyi.blogspot.de/2013/03/dear-ten-year-old-me.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely remember seeing one, haven't you ever seen one? Thank you by the way, I checked out your post and it was so good, it made me laugh a lot.

      Delete
  3. This is such a sweet post and it's funny seeing how much you've changed but not changed at the same time. I love reading letters to the past, seeing people from your past, just anything from your past. I wonder what you'll be saying to yourself when you turn 18. "Dear 13 year old me..." Man. You have so much more to do in life and all those opportunities are still available for you, and so much more to learn about the awkwardness in life and making peace with yourself. Good luck. xx

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, these are my favorite types of posts to read. I imagine when I'm 18 i'll be saying to myself that I was the first person to provide scientific evidence of the existence of unicorns :p

      Delete
  4. I really like your blog!
    How about following each other?
    Let me know on my latest post & I follow right back!

    Kiss,
    MYBLOG
    G+
    BLOGLOVIN’
    FACEBOOK
    INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Selma. I love your blog by the way and I would love to follow you.

      Delete
  5. I love this blog post!
    I've followed you on GFC, would love it if you'd follow back <3

    Abbey xo | www.absie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abbey, I'd love to follow back.

      Delete
  6. CUTE!!! Love this. What's your email?

    -Amelie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Here's me email stellahiamey@gmail.com

      Delete
  7. Oh Stella this was lovely, I wouldn't mind telling my younger self not to worry so much as everything works itself out in the end :P
    Great post <3

    Meme xx

    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this post, you pretty much summed up a lot of what I would say to myself too. Especially about the awkwardness!

    lunaswonders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm hoping I can grow out of the awkwardness sometime soon.

      Delete