Monday, 12 January 2015

Beauty.

inspirefree.com

Tell me this,
Can you define what beauty is?
Because I've been searching for a meaning,
And I think I've found it,
Yet I'm not quite sure if it's worth believing.
Because I've been told that beauty lies,
Somewhere only on the outside.
It doesn't lie in words untold,
It's something that only a few will hold.
It all depends on how you look,
Even if your personality sucks.
It's all about,
If you're face is flawless,
Or your style is on fleek.
The things you own,
The people your see.
The way you talk,
And how you act,
It's all about fiction,
Who cares about facts.
Your image is all,
But what about heart?,
We're loosing touch of who we are.
Well to me beauty is what lies on the inside,
And yes it sounds cliche,
But I'll risk it,
Because I know,
We're all beautiful in our own way.


I'm hoping you enjoyed reading this poem and I'd really love to hear you're feed back on it.
I also want you to remember that you are beautiful and it doesn't matter what people think because aesthetics aren't everything and what lies inside is the most important thing.





15 comments:

  1. I love us writers (and readers) because that's what we get. We get the heart and the soul. We're our own kind of unique and I just love it so much. This reminder (poem) makes me all giddy inside. I love it. Thank you for writing it. <3

    p.s. I nominated you for an award thingy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. Another huge thank you for the nomination, I'm so excited to do it.

      Delete
  2. Lovely! I think beauty lies truly inside and that everyone is truly beautiful, we just might have not discovered it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I totally agree, it takes sometimes takes a while to discover your beauty but it can be found . Beauty is infinite, it lives on forever inside everyone.

      Delete
  3. That was just beautiful, you cheered my night up with that.
    Please check out my blog

    Meme xx

    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.I would love to check out your blog.

      Delete
  4. Wow this was brilliant :D
    You're really talented :D
    A little confession - When you left comment on my blog I thought it was a fashion blog which never returns to read your posts just wants your follow and I almost didn't opened your blog but I'm glad I did..because it seems real cool :D

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I'm glad you decided to check it out in the end and thank you so much.

      Delete
  5. I think this poem describes the perception of beauty very accurately. It seems to be all materialistic and all about the stories you can create around yourself, but it's so much more. It's about the beauty of your thoughts, your depth, your complexity and the amount of beauty you see in yourself, which is the most important.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely and I think in a society where so many people are able to influence your thoughts, you begin to believe a lot less in true beauty and more in materialistic beauty.

      Delete
  6. I love it as alway. All of your blog posts are great!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very thoughtful poem. I think you have captured the truth and explained it in a beautiful way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this poem! They do say that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder :P Totally worth a blogscar!

    from18tolife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete