Tuesday, 6 January 2015

It's kind of like a rant but I suppose you can call it poetry.

Whilst reading Eve's post it got me thinking.  The post talked a little about conformism and that was a subject I was passionate about. So I wrote this poem/speech. Well it started off as a poem and then I just started ranting halfway through, so it might not flow that well.

Our Generation
Of deep blue waves and tear stained skies,
Ripples of green and seldom highs,
Clattering branches and cool Autumn winds.
There is beauty in innocence
And evil in sin.

Oh how my auburn eyes,so beautiful in their adolescence,must face this burden of staring upon such misguided souls. Hearts of blissful wonder and certain adventure stand prominent but in the background lies uncertainty. A darkness that casts its shadows of gloom and misfortune over haloed beings.It rises above cotton clouds and it stands so tall it can never come down.

So here we are,
And right now we're forced to conform,
Seal our mouths,
And bow down.
But when we try to make a change,
We're told we don't matter.
Society cares about beauty.
Not brains.
And if we don't fit in the crowd,
They tell us we're lost and we need to be found.


But in the end there will be silence, amidst the cool blue there will be pages of writing. In those words we will vow to fly. Our letters will be wings and our speech will be our flight.

We will be fearless where all others were fearful.


not mine.






13 comments:

  1. I would definitely call this poetry! I think it flows perfectly -- so well written and thought-provoking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh my goodness. This is BEAUTIFUL. I love it so much. Ahsifdghsb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the amazing comment asdfgfdsdfg

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your comment, I loved this.
    Kaci x
    kacistevens.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kaci. Is it ok if I can link your post about opinions on my inspirations page?

      Delete
  4. This poem had a very distinct flow and rhythm to it! You could clearly tell this was something you're passionate about, and I agree with what you're portraying!

    Keep doing what you're doing! xx

    Golden Ducklings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Would you ever consider guest posting some poetry on my blog?

      Delete
    2. Amazing. Here's my gmail so you can send me it when you've done. stellahiamey@gmail.com

      Delete