Pages

Monday, 19 January 2015

Memories- Childhood bliss.

The time I thought I'd rule. The second post in my memories series. Click here for the first..
not mine


As a child I wanted to rule because I didn't ever want to do chores. Chores were a nuisance. I had way better things to do, feed my dolls non-existent food,talk to my imaginary friends and pester my parents for snacks...constantly. I don't know about you but these things were rather exhausting. So I concluded that I must never lift a finger, it'd only pose a threat to my daily routine. Which was basically a combination of sleeping, eating, being annoying and more sleeping.

My routine was sacred and when the day came that I was inevitably told that I should start doing chores ( which only included tidying my room once in a while), I wasn't happy in the slightest. So what did I do? Throw a tantrum. Nope. Storm off. Nope. Accept it. Hell no. I decided I'd become the Queen. Wait...what? I would become Queen. Because in the mind of an eight year old becoming royalty equaled zero chores. I was told many times that I couldn't become Queen because we already had one. I'd always reply " She's a very logical women and we can share the throne".

We never ended up sharing. So after I realized I could never become royalty. And after long nights of crying I made other plans. If I couldn't rule the country ,I'd rule the house.I would sit in my throne ( Any random chair I could find) watch some TV and just do nothing. That lasted about 3 minutes.
I did in fact end up tidying my room and my ruling was short lived.

Did you do anything as a child to get out of doing chores?

Pssst, check out my new editions to my inspirations page.

4 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha XD
    Maybe get Sherlock to help you :P
    I wanted to be a Pokemon trainer when I was a kid :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of recruiting Sherlock, but every time I try to get in contact with him he just doesn't respond :-) If you find the right people I bet you can still pursue your childhood dream lol. Who was your favorite pokemon?, mine was pikachu because he was so cute.

      Delete
  2. Hey Stelly, I just wanted to tell you that I saw your comment about the award and I feel really honored. But I don't know when I will answer the yuetions because I have so many things I want to write about first. Don't think I want to ignore you or anything because that would definetly not be true. I hope you can understand that ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's totally fine. Do it when ever you feel comfortable.

      Delete