Wednesday, 21 January 2015
Tips on blogging.( What I've learnt so far.)
1) Only blog if you have a passion for the subject you want to blog about. You may loose interest fairly quickly if you're not blogging about something that you like.
2) Patience is key. In the first month of blogging I felt as if no one wanted to read my blog and my page views seemed to reflect that but after a while I saw an increase in that amount.
3) Comment on other people's blogs. Comment meaningful things and actually read the post. If the post is about dancing don't comment about fishing and there's nothing wrong with linking your blog in the comments so people can check your's out.
4) Make your titles relevant to the subject of your post but make them catchy and or funny. Something that people would love to read.
5) Keep things original Write what you want to write. If there's a popular trend by all means follow it but stay true to what you envision your blog to be.
6)Write to inform, entertain,share and educate. My blogging motto.
7) Keep posts short. (although my post may contradict this statement.) When someone reads a post it needs to be short to make it easily readable and keep the reader interested. Although this doesn't mean that you can't write long posts(trust me I do it all the time).
8) Keep a blogging schedule. Post consistently ( yet again my blog is a horrible example of this.)
9) It's ok to write a post a head of time if you know that you might not be able to write a post that week.
10)Guest post on other people's blogs if you can. This is a great way to get your blog known to others. Post something you are passionate about and that people would kill to read. Literally that is.
So here are a few of the things I have learn't from my very few months of blogging and by no means am I an expert on blogging but I hope this post provided you with some insight if you really wanted to start a blog.