Saturday, 14 February 2015

Blogging- The reason why I blog



I remember my first post. I was 12 and it was during the school break. Being the nocturnal creature I am, I was wide awake watching videos on YouTube. I had always really wanted to start a blog but during that November I was really inspired to start. That was the month I had really gotten into poetry and writing and the art of spoken word poetry. I grew attached to the phrases and words beautifully spoken by the likes of Sarah Kay and Shane Koyczan. I wrote poems in abundance but realized that I had no way to share them. I didn't want my poems and ideas to just sit and collect dust. And that was when I found out about blogging.

Sometimes I can't control the ideas in my mind. At times they just won't stop pestering me. I'm a person that over analyses every situation and dwells on past occurrences and cringey moments. I don't think I ever stop thinking. That night that I decided to share my first post. I was excited and nervous. I was finally going to start a blog. But what if no one read it? What if they hated my content? What if people I knew ridiculed me about it? I didn't sleep that night. I realized how much I was over analyzing it and I continued posting. I was obsessed with blogging. Sometimes I would post five times a day.

But I realize that's not the point of this post. The honest truth to why I blog is..... it has given me a voice. I'm a very shy and awkward person in real life. I don't like to share what I really think in situations that require my input. I'm quite content just nodding and saying yes. I wish I would speak my mind more and stretch out of my comfort zone. And I keep telling myself I will but I don't. Blogging has enabled me to be the person I see myself striving to be in real life . Behind this computer lies a quirky thirteen year old just trying to get through high school. In my head I hold so many views on things I don't share in my ordinary life.

 Blogging isn't just my hobby. It's my home away from home. It's the place where I can say the things I want to. Where I feel no judgment and pressure to write a certain way or do certain things. I feel my voice is valued. And I want to thank all you readers for taking the time and reading my posts and giving me your input. I am so thankful that I started blogging and found so many other people who enjoy reading and writing blog posts the same way I do.

If you blog, is there any reason as to why?

14 comments:

  1. he gabrielle aplin! she is so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her voice and her lyrics are so meaningful.

      Delete
  2. Keep blogging! Blogging should be done because you love it---which you clearly do.

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly will. Happy Valentine's day to you too.

      Delete
  3. At just 12? O_O
    I was still figuring out which side of crayon to use to color when I was 12 :P
    I blog just to tell my story make some friends I don't really share much with people otherwise :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I was always a fan of coloring pencils, crayons weren't my thang. I don't really share much with people either.

      Delete
  4. Great post, I love blogging as well! And as an answer to your question, I blog so I can tell people about the real me. So they can get to know me a little bit better than everyone else. And I love reading about other people as well, especially you!
    bebeabout100.blogspot.co.uk
    Bebeabout xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. I love your reasons for blogging. I also love how someones writing can often tell you more about a person than if you met them. Blogging is a personal thing and reading someone else's blog can teach you things about someone else's life or give you a different perspective on something you view a certain way.

      Delete
  5. I relate. Blogging most definitely isn't just a 'hobby'. It's so much more than that! It's where I share anything I'm dying to share, and it definitely gives you and me and anyone a voice. I'm not sure if it was blogging or a personal thing, but ever since I started my blog, ever since I started doing my over-analysing through a keyboard, I became more confident as a person. I had a much louder voice in every day life and I loved myself so much more. You may feel as if you're an awkward thirteen year old in high school, but if you channel your blogging voice or simply analyse until you realise you're amazing, you can change.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always look forward to your comments. I'm hoping through blogging I can find who I am. Writing is a personal thing to me and it allows me to get my thoughts and feelings out. Sometimes I find my writing is so different to what I think I am. It's deeper, more thought out, free, limitless, confident. I know I can be these things. I want to say I have become these things. Not just I can. I have full confidence that blogging can enable me to do that.

      Delete
  6. Oh man. That song. It hurts so much to listen to because it's the kind of music that speaks raw truth. It hurts. Oh manohmanohman. <3

    Also, I really really love this post. So much yes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blogging undoubtedly gives the quieter person (like myself) a great platform to express what they truly feel, as oppose to keeping your views to yourself for fear of causing ructions! I love the way I'm not influenced by other bloggers but I still feel that I fit in and that I can get along with others despite that fact we may have opposing opinions about something!

    I totally understand about being nocturnal, I'm at my most productive during the early hours of the morning! xx

    Golden Ducklings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed reading this! I to am bit shy in real life, and blogging is like an outlet for me. New follower! -Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great post. I blog because it helps me focus on the beautiful things in life. :)
    Sophia
    someplaceinthemidst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete