Thursday, 19 February 2015

Fiction Friday- If you should ever encounter me part 2

Part 2

Click here for part 1
   P.S I'm Sorry Drew

It was the summer of last year that I  had truly realized how awkward I was. After countless failed attempts to shield myself from the beings that roamed my suburban neighborhood, I found myself captive to their alien ways. After that, there's only so much you can do to persuade someone that you're lack of social skills is in fact a rare talent and not a serious issue. Inevitably they'll stop believing you and begin forcing you to broaden your horizons or constantly remind you that life begins at the end of your comfort zone.  Well if my comfort zone consists of  a good book, free WiFi, snacks and a computer, I don't think I'll see myself  moving from there any time soon.

But mother and father had other ideas. That was  the summer that I was to break out of my metaphorical shell, I say metaphorical because I am not a shrimp nor a snail nor a turtle. But now thinking about it, I think I'd quite like a shell. Maybe a pink one with purple detailing and blue sparkles and... that's not the point at all. I was perfectly content being the awkward child that I was, yet my parents weren't. I presume it stemmed from the time I made Drew Rogers cry. The spring of 2012.

 Drew was a small thing, a cross between a micro pig and a stick insect. (Although I doubt that combination would ever happen) He was pale, skinny, surprisingly athletic. But I had managed to break him. I had truly broken him that April. Drew was also a very social child and I wish he hadn't been. He'd have probably survived the encounter if he wasn't so intent on talking to me. If he wasn't so stupidly social. So when he arrived at my door step for my 11th birthday party with his smile plastered on his freckled face, conversation threatening to spew out of his chapped lips. He became a casualty to my awkward ways.

What do you think of the story so far?




8 comments:

  1. From Aliens and Unicorns to Shells and crying babies..I like where this is heading..(Evil Music) XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. I was going for something different. You know weirdly intriguing. I hope I've achieved it so far.

      Delete
  3. Fascinating. Please write more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is weird haha I like it! Keep writing ....

    Meme xx

    New post out now:
    'Turkey Chili with Rice// The Hairy Dieters'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read it back and wow it's something different isn't it? Thank you Meme, I'll definitely keep writing it. It might just get weirder.

      Delete