Monday, 9 February 2015

Say yes to difference- let's start a campaign.


I am me  and you are you. Even if you're one of many Meghans or Sophies or Bobs, you are a sole individual. And that's something quite spectacular- Individuality. The ability to be unique. You see, we're all different, and I know that you've probably heard this a million times but it's true and that's why everyone goes on about it so much. Being different is vital as individuals. It's how we stand out from the crowd and it's what makes us special. Being different isn't wrong. Wearing pink when everyone else wears green isn't wrong. Liking classical music when everyone else likes pop music isn't wrong. Not being able to do a cartwheel or straddle vault( as much as your PE teachers pester you to try and assure you that it's easy when it's not) isn't wrong. Reading when everyone else watches TV isn't wrong. The things you do that separate you from others aren't wrong. Whats wrong to me is changing who you are. Changing the things you do to what is seen as right in the eyes of peers with distorted views of perfection and being normal.

It feels like in high school there are so many people trying to be someone they're not. Attempting to fit in the crowd... and at what cost? They sell the one thing that makes them who they are. They sell their differences, trading them in for some false practices: You must act this way and talk this way and only socialize with the people in your clique. You mustn't seem to smart or be too into sports if  you are a girl. Make sure to be extra manly if you're a boy, never show emotion.Oh and don't forget to put others down while your at it. Make sure to make them feel insignificant and wrong for being different. There are way too many people that I see changing and molding themselves to fit in.

And what I want to say is that you don't ever have to change if you don't need nor want to. Don't let anyone influence the way you act and don't let anyone bring you down. You are you and I am I. With all my weird quirks, imperfections,strange habits and fears. I'm Stella at heart.

Be different, be proud. Be the best version of you there is. Strive for the things you want to strive for but remember to never trade the real you.
If you want to read more of my ranting click here.

This isn't a project H post because I'm taking a small break for a couple of days but I really wanted to post this because I wanted to share my views.  I want you to share your views as well on what being different means to you. If you're a blogger write a post. I want people to talk about their differences and be proud of them . I want people to voice their opinions on conformism and popularity. So let's share our views, I would love it if you'd share this post and give your opinion.
www.ibelieve.com





14 comments:

  1. This is sooooo true! It's sad when someone changes themselves just to fit in! You are who you are for a reason, and when you stay true to yourself, you are embracing who you truly are and it just makes the whole world a better place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's truly sad when someone changes themselves to fit in. I totally agree with your comment.

      Delete
  2. Everyone has a unique quality about them even though it might be awkwardness we might not notice someone's presence but we would notice their absence which only proofs that everyone has something unique about them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PREACH! But in all seriousness you make an excellent point and it's a point a lot more people should be aware of. I hadn't really thought about it that way but I certainly agree.

      Delete
  3. Awesome post xx
    bebeabout100.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! :)

    paranoidpuppets.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely post! didnt realise that you could add youtube videos!
    http://therandomlifeofateenagegirl.blogspot.co.uk/
    -Rando Girl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yeah you can. Click on the insert video icon when you're writing your post and search a video from YouTube then click select.

      Delete
  6. Yes, it is rather sad that people do sell what makes them themselves. They may see it's bad, but it's not always the case. I wish others would understand that.

    xoxo Morning
    http://theworldthroughmywindowsill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Individuality is important. We should treasure the things that make us who we are. It's a terrible thing that some others don't understand that.

      Delete