Wednesday, 25 February 2015

The fun we find in youth

Alternatively titled- The time I ruined your childhood and things to tell a child to make them despise you forever.


"The illusion's shattered but I'll smile nevertheless, for the things my childhood provided, I will never forget.- me

The day when you finally realize that...

 *The moon isn't made of cheese

*The tooth fairy is totally conning you and paying you considerably less for your teeth.

*The monsters under your bed don't really exist

 *Santa is just some random dude who dresses in red, eats way too many mince pies, probably needs to shave but has a heart of gold and a gift for giving.

*Toddler gobbledygook (ok stop, so word check classifies gobbledygook a as an actual word but apparently my last name is in some sort of alien language. Really ?) can't be translated and you start to  wonder how 3 year olds seem to understand each other. Do you think they're teaming up against us, the babies? With their confusing codes and gibberish language?

*All those times you were promised ice cream if you ate your veg, was just a ruthless ploy to get you to eat the stupid green stuff. ( not that I'm holding a grudge *laughs awkwardly and stabs the broccoli on her plate*)

*Becoming a rainbow unicorn princess isn't actually an occupation.

*Peter pan isn't really young forever and he's just really short, uses anti ageing cream, stays fit and has a team of plastic surgeons on hand at all times.

*Nursery rhymes aren't lyrical pieces of gold and you begin to query why they fed you these songs as a child.( Can we start a trend to revamp these rhymes. You know, get Sia or some cool hip song writer to create some new sick rhymes) I can't believe I just used the word sick.

*This show needs bringing back

popcultureandamericanchildhood.com

...is the time when you can fully appreciate how fun it was to be young .

18 comments:

  1. Broccoli one pfft XD
    Recess was so cool it really needs to come back :D
    And yes parents think it's cute but these babies really they're conspiring against the world in their own secrete code language. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stupid broccoli and they need to bring Recess back like right now, it was my favorite show ever. These babies though, gosh at least I'm not the only one who thinks they're dangerous. They're spies in diapers just waiting to take over the world. :P

      Delete
  2. I love this so much! It totally took me back to when I was young(er) and free xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I seriously wish I could go back some years to once again experience all the fun I had when I was like 6. Those were the good days.

      Delete
  3. I miss old Tv shows, but tv is just rubbish in general now days, and the tooth fairy made losing teeth fun, otherwise I think it would of been pretty scary for children.
    Great post!

    Meme xx

    Latest Post out now:
    'Not Another Book Haul//Amazon Haul'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I agree, on both things, TV shows in the past were amazing. Especially the Disney Shows, I was obsessed. And I thank the tooth fairy for making loosing my teeth fun. I can't imagine how mortified I would have been to lose a teeth without the hopes of the tooth fairy visiting me.

      Delete
  4. Wow...I really miss being young. We were so free, and didn't have a care in the world. Why can't people still be like that? We didn't despise each other based on looks, but we played together and resolved arguments quickly. *sigh* But amazing post anyways :) I loved all the things you said - especially about Santa....xD
    Oh yeah, and sorry if the first part of my comment was super deep or anything. It just happens sometimes =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Autumn and you're so true.The only arguments I had when I was younger was over which toys I wanted to play with or what color was the prettiest. It was fun to not care about how you looked or how crazy you were because you weren't judged. Now it's all about judgement, the things you wear, the way you act, how popular you are. And no worries, I get really deep sometimes.

      Delete
  5. Really cool post! Please visit my blog thanks :) shinenelevate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm in year 7. I'm glad the tips were helpful to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I loved the post. I'm in year 8. Almost in year 9 soon. I'm actually kind of scared but I know it's going to be fun. Once again, great tips.

      Delete
  7. I LOVED Recess! It was such a great show ahhhh! Also I nominated you for the Liebster award- hope it's alright with you!
    Love your blog btw! :-))

    http://dysaniacmind.blogspot.hk/2015/03/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Recess was my life. I was basically their number one fan. I swear I thought I was Gretchen. Thank you And another big thank you for the nomination but I've already done the award.

      Delete
  8. that was hilarious and I LOVED recess wow it really does need to come back haha! x
    http://newlittlethought.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie and I completely agree. We need to spread the word, Recess must come back.

      Delete
  9. I literally thought the moon and the sun were the same thing; it just caught on fire during the day. When I saw the moon and the sun at the same time my mind was BLOWN.
    Great post Stella!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Wait the moon and sun aren't the same thing? I've been living a lie for so many years :P Thank you.

      Delete