Wednesday, 18 March 2015

Why social media is so popular



As humans we're all just rather curious of the people around us. What others are thinking. What beauty products others use. What books people read. What songs people are listening to. What colour you view a dress. And that my friends is where social media comes in. The ability to share anything and everything with a few clicks or taps or slides. Whatever motion you use to share stuff on the line.( And yes I did intentionally say on the line.)

The way social media enables us to visit aspects of people's lives that we wouldn't necessarily be aware of is what makes it so special.  We can connect with others around the world ,( assuming they have an internet connection and hopefully WiFi. Oh WiFi how I love you.) and learn a little bit or maybe a lot about them.

Let's just put aside the fact that  most social media is free, which is reason enough for it's popularity. Social media educates us on the current trends going on in the world. Admittedly you might not learn anything academic from social media but hey it provides you with knowledge that you probably didn't know before.

 It's also really easy to use and it's one of the main reasons why everyone's on their phones now a days. You could teach a squirrel to use social media and I guarantee you the next day you'll be seeing some epic, fully filtered photos of squirrels and tweets with the #nuts.

 Most importantly it allows us to keep up to date with what all the celebrities are doing :P Not that I'm obsessed or anything. It's not like....pfttt....well...I swear I'm not a stalker.

 Social media is popular because of us. The way we yearn to learn and be aware. The way we want to share and be shared with. The way it allows us to be a part of something so big with just one click, slide, or tap.  And deep down inside, we're all just a little bit nosy :P

20 comments:

  1. I agree! I don't even know where we would be without Wi-Fi.

    ~Noor
    www.alittlebitofsunshineblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh WiFi. Lovely,lovely WiFi. The world would just collapse without WiFi and I don't even know how I'd feel. I would probably cry a lot.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I like this! I support your theory haha (: xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AGREE. Social media is quite, well, amazing. To say the least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I think I might just be in love with social media.

      Delete
  4. a great blog, I like your style. Would you like to follow each other? let me know

    Sibaritismosdeinma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. This is SO true! I might just be a little too addicted to Instagram.
    Mae :)
    superswankified.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm personally obsessed with twitter and reading tweets, Tyra Banks especially.

      Delete
  6. But what would be do without the internet? ;) I would read :)

    Meme xx

    New post out now:
    'Bomb Cosmetics Haul'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be kind of lost without the internet lol. I'd probably do the same as you and read.

      Delete
  7. Yes, I'm plenty nosy, thank you very much. And I'm proud to say so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too, especially when it comes to celebrities. Level 6 fan girl right here.

      Delete
  8. Ah, social media. Gotta love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. let us follow eachother. Please come and follow me on GFC. and like my facebook page. Leave a comment about following me and I will come and follow you immediately:)

    http://ciziyorumdikiyorum.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm thank you? I checked out your blog and your styles amazing, I could probably learn some things.

      Delete
  10. Hiya. The new chapter of my story 'Heal' is out. Also there are some new posts so check it out. Awesome post!

    shinenelevate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm loving your story writing by the way.

      Delete