Pages

Monday, 20 April 2015

Future Prospects

Does this picture have any relevance to the post?
 No it does not.

What do I want to be in the future?

Well I could tell you how I've always wanted to be a psychologist, or a writer, or even at one point a rainbow unicorn princess but the one thing I really want is to be happy.
I want to be happy. I want to wake up in the morning and smile. I want to do random things spontaneously. I want to be that person you come to, to laugh or confide in. I want to be happy. Not to say I'm not already happy but I want to know that 30 year old Stella isn't sitting in some humdrum building doing something she's never really had an interest in.

You see the truth is, I'll never fully know right now what career I want to pursue. I'm 13, I barely know what my favorite colour is? And I really don't know what job I want to have in the future. That's okay, I think. I know which subjects I like and I know the things I enjoy, but I'm never going to have the vaguest idea of what I want to be.

But sometimes I feel like I have to choose. Making a decision on your career prospects makes it seem like you've somehow got everything planned. Like you've got yourself figured out. And so I've been saying I want to become a psychologist the last couple of months. Truthfully, I have no idea. But I do know I like maths, and I do know I like sociology and I know I want to be happy.

Some things you don't need to know just yet. Some things you can't plan out. So for now...well for now I'll just do my best. Who knows, maybe I'll become the next best rap artist? I'll call myself UGGS. ( Unicorn Gangsta Girl Swag)

And before I end the post I want to introduce you to Kate. On May the 17th she will be hosting a Q&A to kick off her writing chain. And because I'm going to be watching, I thought i'd tell you guys about it so you can watch it too.
Here are the details.
Property of Kate

Will you be taking part in the Q&A? Tell me in the comments, or use your skills of telepathy to send me your message.
Thanks for reading.
Star Girl out.( I don't know if I should keep this.)




4 comments:

  1. I've always been a person who knows pretty much exactly what I want to do when I get older, but most people my age or even older have no idea. It's perfectly okay. There's plenty of time to explore and find things you really love. My advice? Do camps, workshops, internships, ect, on everything you come across, and you might find something you never would have guessed you were passionate about! There are so many jobs out there--how many people as a kid say "Oh, I want to be a marketing manager for a yarn and fabric shop!"? (I don't know if that's a real job, but whatever). The point is, there's something out there for everyone, even if you don't know it yet!

    Ok, not really sure where that rant went or if it made any sense. But find something that makes you happy and stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing!

    Kate @ majesticgoldenrose.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. as for the first part of your post, i am completely with you! it's so stressful lately when people are asking what i hope to do with my life. i honestly have no idea. i feel like i'll know when i get there, you know?? haha. i don't even know what i want to go to school for. i just keep choosing electives that i truly enjoy and hope it'll get me somewhere, someday. *shrugs infinitely.* :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The post is so sweet :) Being happy is one if not the most important things in life. I can agree with you, nobody should have a job that doesn't make him/her happy.

    ReplyDelete