Sunday, 24 May 2015

What High School Has Done To Me


High school, depending on which country you live in, takes up a considerable amount of time out of our lives. If we calculate it, that's about 567000 years, (give or take a couple of months), occupied by pointless drama, mind numbing exams and the occasional funny moment. High school does have its perks though.  Here's a couple of things high school has done to me.

It's allowed me to answer really complex maths sums and get them right. I can now proudly say that I can factorise 3x^2+19x+20 . Which to be honest I'll probably never have to answer once I finish school, but right now I feel kind of cool knowing how to do it. Unfortunately if you ask me what 19 plus 16 is, you won't be getting an answer any time soon. Simple addition eludes me.

It's made me over think everything. This one is pretty much due to English class and the countless amount of texts were made to analyze each term. Swindell, Shakespear, Murpurgo, I've analysed ( over analysed) pieces of text from them all.

It's allowed me to see that art and DT (Design Technology) are not my strong points what so ever and will never be. It's also taught me that 2 hours of art and DT every week gets really annoying really fast.

It's made me see that science is not only good for careers in a scientific field, but also good for irritating people. Apparently talking about the electromagnetic spectrum for 20 mins straight repels (get it? It's a science joke because magnets repel. No. Ok then) people. I don't see how that could be.

It's enabled me to play four chords and sing really badly. It's also made me really jealous of people who can play pianos and not make it sound like dying seals.

It's taught me why we should not speak Latin and how to conjugate verbs. which is obviously a useful life skill I will be using in the foreseeable future.

It's fed me a whole lot of Spanish vocabulary and sentence structure but not how to hold a conversation in actual Spanish. I know the words tortuga and verde but how the heck do I make that into a conversation with a Spaniard?

It's showed me that dance is for dance class and not for school corridors and dinner halls. I now also know how hard it is to learn a dance routine without making it look like you're just taking your first steps.

I now know that drama requires a lot of confidence and it takes a lot to remember your lines.

It's also taught me that geography and history lessons are terrible on Fridays.

I've learnt that people talk about each other way too much, and that young boys are stupid and have no knowledge of acceptable behavior.

Most importantly it's showed me that not everyone is going to be kind to you, in fact most people are jerks and really rude.With time however, you learn hot to get through that with the most minimal amount of  psychological damage possible. High school can mess you up, no lie.

 I guess that's most of it right now.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post.
I'm out.

6 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! The one about science, and also dance class- those are the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Stella where do you come up wiv these also I have two things to say a) not all boys are that bad b) you can sing so don't lie to us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Follow me on gfc and i Follow you back, Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  4. sarcasm on point ^_^
    hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm actually going up to high school in September and that post has made me feel a lot better about it xx :)
    http://agirlblogx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete