Monday, 20 July 2015

Everybody Hates M.A.C And Other Internet Trends

A journey into the depths of the web.


With the invention of the world wide web in  the 1990's, a new world of possibilities had been presented. The decade of brightly colored bicycle shorts, neon windbreakers and overalls would be met with a new form of obsession- the internet fad.

From the extremes of the Kylie Jenner lip challenge to the charitable brilliance of the ALS Ice bucket challenge, the internet has provided us with a plethora of fascinating trends. It can not be disputed that these trends have caused wide spread controversy and an overall buzz throughout their life span, with many trends leaving a long lasting impact upon the web.

1) The Cinnamon Challenge
The objective of the challenge is to swallow a spoonful of ground cinnamon in 60 seconds without drinking anything. Although the challenge itself sound rather simple it can be dangerous, causing things such as throat irritation and breathing difficulties. 
Glozell, in this video, demonstrates exactly how you must not carry out this challenge.

2) ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
The challenge urges participants (nominated) to have a bucket of water poured on their heads in order promote awareness of  amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and motivate people to make donations towards research.


3) M.A.C Experience
With each video detailing the experience of a M.A.C customer, it seems as if M.A.C may have a serious issue with its customer service.

Disclaimer- This video does contain swear words.


4) Back to school haul/ what's in my school bag?
A journey into the bags of (primarily) American teens. The peak of this annual trend often occurs a few weeks prior to the beginning of the school season. 



5) #Dressgate
The dress A.K.A #Dressgate was a viral phenomenon that appeared on the web earlier this year in February. After the picture surfaced on tumblr it sparked a wide spread debate. What color was the dress exactly? One side claimed it was white and gold, others insisted it was black and blue and some speculated that the dress was in fact neither. Such as the likes of Nate Silver, who claimed the dress was cyan and magenta.(Jokingly I'm presuming.) Thee dress was later revealed to be black and blue.
What did you think?

6) Kylie Jenner Lip challenge
Plump limps might not be exactly what they appear to be.

This challenge can cause serious damage to the blood vessels in your lips and is not recommended to be carried out. Luckily,we can always rely on Miranda sings to teach us how one must accurately carry it out the safe way- Photoshop.

7) The whip/ nae nae
A dance craze that everyone tries to deny enjoying, but secretly loves.

Ooh kill 'em oooooh!!!

Those were 7 internet trends since the dawn of the internet.
  Make sure to comment below some other trends that I haven't already included in this post.

10 comments:

  1. Great post! How did you see #DressGate (gold and white for me)!

    Just to let you know, I featured your blog as Blog Of The Month on Tots100 (one of the biggest blog networks in the UK)!
    http://www.tots100.co.uk/2015/07/15/kidsblogs-join-our-kids-blogging-linky-for-july/

    Your blog is AMAZING!

    - www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you again for the feature, that's so amazing. And as for the dress I saw it as black and blue.

      Delete
  2. I've never actually taken part in a challenge like the cinnamon, or the ALS challenge - I'm glad I wasn't on facebook around then. Also, ever seen Chris Evans' Ice Bucket challenge? Or Benedict Cumberbatch's, they're both brilliant.
    Once again, absolutely love your content!
    Eve @ Pen and Key <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eve. I've never taken part in the challenges either. I haven't seen their Ice bucket challenges yet but I'm excited to see them.

      Delete
  3. I've never taken part in internet challenges, but I have seen a lot of the things you mentioned on the internet. I saw the dress as black and blue. What about you? -Jollygirl
    http://reflectionsofajollygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the dress as black and blue too, at some point however ( knowing me I was probably hyped up on sugar) just started thinking I saw both variations.

      Delete
  4. That dress is black and blue, I don't get how it remotely looks White and Gold, annoyed me so much when this came out, great post!

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    'But first.. Let me take a selfie*'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I swear that dress drove everyone to the brink of insanity. Thank you.

      Delete
    2. I think it maybe looked gold and white with the light maybe. Maybe somebody put a filter on it. I don't know.

      Delete
  5. Cool post! I thank you a lot for posting that cinnamon challenge because I thought it didn't sound so bad.
    ~Ellie;P
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete